Snapchat-like video face filter in the browser
- CTO & cofounder of Jeeliz, a startup specialized in deep learning using WebGL, mainly for client-side video processing Demo here,
- Before : Freelance developer & trainer in Paris,
- WebGL Academy - vanilla WebGL/Three.JS interactive tutorials : www.webglacademy.com,
- Email : [email protected], twitter : @xavierbourry
Which solution ?
- server side → not scalable, delay...
- proprietary solutions → not embeddable everywhere,
- landmark based solutions → what to do with keypoints ? Often not robust, not bearded friendly.
What we have built ?
- Global detection → more robust,
- Deep learning → parallelisable,
- implemented with WebGL → FAST
- Free, Apache2 license,
- Multiple face detection,
- Mobile friendly,
- Mouth opening detection
- Integration examples with various renderers : THREE.JS, BABYLON.JS, A-FRAME, Canvas2D, CSS3D.
Browse the Github Repo
- 3D engine in the browser,
- Free, MIT license,
- Quality doc, good examples, large dev community,
- Lightweight, low level still accessible.